Saturday, March 20, 2010

Housekeeping - why?


Good morning,

Theoretically it's wonderful to understand the lack of significance of a clean and tidy house.  In practice, however, it's necessary to let the mundane rise to the top of the priority list sometimes!  Buddy (our dog) and I went for a long cold walk this morning which was great - but now I really must vacuum, dust, sweep, etc.  Without those items being taken care of, there is less joy in our house and, surprisingly, less freedom.  The mental clutter of stuff crying out to be taken care of is an obstacle of the first order to brain function.  So, the simple joy of clean and tidy (at no cost, save some expenditure of time and effort) is the joy I seek this morning.  Off to the joy of being a positive influence on my immediate environment!

Dorothy

1 comment:

  1. The mental clutter of stuff crying out to be taken care of is a force not to be underestimated. I forget this at times, but am reminded quickly by the chaotic state of my living/workspace. I am not cognizant of it happening because it's just a book here, a piece of mail there and a few empty water glasses...

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete