Saturday, June 19, 2010

Time goes too quickly!

Lately the calendar and my head are not lining up.  There are big jumps - it's early spring and we're getting ahead on outdoor chores, then suddenly it's May and how did it get to be the middle of June already??

I've read articles on the subject, but no one can adequately explain the justice of reaching the age where days can be spent more by choice than compulsion, and these precious times dissolve before our eyes.

So, my project for today is to make this the longest day I possibly can.  I began by walking the dog to the post office to pick up to box mail, then doing yard work.  My back and legs can tell that I spent all morning working hard - mowing and weeeding a section of our 1-3/4 acres.  Now that I'm at the computer, I have set a time limit because this is an activity that makes time fly right by. 

After a small bit of lunch and kitchen cleaning,  I'm going to allow myself a rest - reading a novel on the deck with some ice tea (sometimes those types of times seem endless...)  Then housework!! - not my favorite, which should make time drag a bit.  Definitely no TV as it kills time.  Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. My plan for making yesterday the longest day by filling it with work kind of backfired. I fell asleep in the chair at 7:30 - was wakened by a phone call, then was in bed and sound asleep by 8:30. So, TECHNICALLY, it was a short day. Otherwise, I think maybe time did slow down a bit for me...

    ReplyDelete