Thursday, November 4, 2021

What do you get for $1,782.00?
A quick look at your ears, a listen to heart and lungs and a patronizing questionnaire


Due to my age and the fact I am receiving Social Security, I have no option but to have $148.50 withheld each month to cover Medicare Parts A & B.

Fortunately, I enjoy good health due to personal choices and good genes. Therefore, my annual visit to the doctor - which is extremely limited by Medicare rules - costs me $1,782.00

Total per year (148.50 x 12) = $1,782.

Not your problem - but definitely mine. Most of my payments are protection money necessary to allow entry into the complicated medical enterprise should I ever actually need it.

Reply from the billing office where I doctor:

Good afternoon Ms. Youngblood,

If you ever receive a billing from UW Health that is not affordable, please reach out to the billing department for options on possible assistance with your balance.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out through MyChart or by calling our office at 877-565-0505.

Thank you,

Customer Service

MY RESPONSE:

Thanks XXX,

Not a question of affordability - it's just the frustration of using America's healthcare system makes me feel like a video game character trying to jump obstacles and navigate corners. I'm old - I remember simply conducting a transaction with my doctor without the involvement of government, corporations, computers, lawyers, etc. Just person-to person -- sometimes even at my home.

Not a problem you can help with, but I don't use Facebook, so am ranting directly to my healthcare provider's billing office (not you personally).

No comments:

Post a Comment