Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Tammy Baldwin re: HR1

  I've written before but want to be certain I've been clear - I'm absolutely opposed to you representing me as in favor of all the various components of HR1 and respectfully request that, as my representative in the Senate, you vote against its passage.


There are elements within the bill which have significant merit - but they do not excuse those that limit election integrity as well as a number of other problematic areas.


The marketing to the public of HR1 has relied on virtue-signalling based on its stated intentions, ignoring the many realities of what the bill will actually do. I'm wondering how many of you in the Senate have actually read it - or do you simply comply with directives from the DNC regarding talking points and required actions?


I feel quite alienated from the process of representation to which I'm entitled under the design of our democratic system, understanding that, as senator, your primary responsibility is to represent the interests of the State of Wisconsin. Personally, my opinions are not binary - but tbe promotion of this bill using simplistic (and misleading) interpretations seems to assume a simplicity I don't identify with. It's my impression that your actions are not on Wisconsin's behalf, but always and only a subset of strategy for retention of power.

No comments:

Post a Comment